& here is the post from our bringingashliehome yahoo group - 6/25/03:
Our Agency has Ashlie's Picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
What an incredible morning. I have tried to send this message once already andlost the whole thing, so bear with me here.
(I'm shaking, I'm so excited) Our agency called this morning to tell us that they had received five pictures(for the five waiting families) The only problem is, . . . BLAS failed to sendthe information! Like which baby belongs with which family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wedon't know how old they are either. Esther said they look under a year old,but I know the pictures could be several months old. (they won't send all fivepics - each family gets to see their OWN baby before the others. I agree withthat policy 100%)
Ashlie is currently living in the Guangchang County Social Welfare Institute inJiangxi Province, China. (Just typing those words makes me cry.) Adam has donea little research, and learned that she lives about six hours from the capitalof Jiangxi Province, which is Nanchang. That means those precious littlebabies will have a six hour trip and then be handed over to completestrangers. Please pray for them. Please pray that they are being well caredfor and will have an easy transition. Please pray for us, that we will beable to comfort her in her first hours and days with her new family.
BLAS is currently closed, because they are 13 or 14 hours ahead of us. We mayfind out more tonight, or tomorrow, or Friday. At this very moment, it doesn'tseem to matter. We have a baby. Ashlie is coming home.Complete joy and elation. Praise God. Many prayers of thanks are being saidtoday. (and if you hadn't guessed, many tears are being shed as well.)
Jill
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment