
Little Miss Ashlie German !!!!!!!
We are so proud and blessed to be able to announce the referral of AshlieGerman!!! (Still deciding on the middle name - her Chinese name is so pretty!)Name: Guang Li Xia (soon to be Ashlie)DOB: 10/8/2002 (ADAM's birthday!)Province: Guangchang County SWI, Jiangxi Province On January 17th, she was 5.5 kg (a little over 12 lbs), and 58 cm tall (about23 inches.)She is beautiful. Such a sweet, sweet little face. We are in love with her already. All of our prayers for this child have been answered.Thank you all so much for being my support through this long, long, wait forAshlie! Will try to post pictures later. Jill (happiest momma on earth today.)
I clearly remember so many details of that day. We knew that the official referral package had finally arrived at Dillon offices so they could finally match up the babies' pictures with their families. I remember getting an email from our fellow waiting mom, Rebecca, saying "The Eagle Has Landed!" I was at work and obviously was accomplishing NOTHING that day! I waited and waited. Rebecca emailed us to tell us that she had gotten "The Call" and knew all about her baby, but she'd wait until Tricia and I also had our referrals before she shared any details. I waited some more. Tricia emailed me to tell me that she couldn't stand it any more and she called Dillon offices to get her referral information. Oooh, the temptation was great, but by golly, I'd waited all that time to get The Call, and I was going to wait a little bit longer for it!! So I waited. Lunch time rolled around and I felt physically ill. I went into the restroom for some privacy. After splashing cold water on my face and leaning against the wall so I could stand (and breathe) I realized that I was nearing panic. So I calmed down and I just prayed. Lord, grant me peace. I'm afraid, Lord, please be with me. Please let me know that this was your plan all along. Please let there be some sign for me to recognize and just know that everything is going to be alright. Not many of you know this, but I was actually frightened to fly to China; I fight fears about flying and I wasn't sure that I could get on that plane having doubts about bringing this baby into our hearts and lives! As I prayed, I felt peace come over me and I walked calmly back into my office. And the phone finally rang.
It was Bill, our social worker, and he was ready to tell me all about our daughter!! He told me that yes, it was indeed a girl, and a very cute girl at that. :-) & then he told me her birthdate. October 8th, 2002. I started sobbing at that very moment. I couldn't believe it. I had been praying for some reassurance that this was truly the Lord's plan, and the very first words out of Bill's mouth confirmed it. Adam was born on October 8th. While we waited for Ashlie's referral and wondered how old she was and when was her birthday, Adam always said that she was born on HIS birthday. I didn't want him to be disappointed, and I always pointed out that if she was born on his birthday, she was either going to be much younger or quite a bit older than we anticipated. October 8th. Adam and Ashlie's birthdays. Thank you Lord.
Bill waited patiently as I cried and tried to explain the significance of her birthday, and then he went on to tell me as much as he could about Ashlie.
It was a wonderful day. I feel like that day changed our lives forever, and we had no idea at that time that bringing Ashlie home would also lead to us bring Allie home and eventually bringing Annie home too!
Happy happy memories.
Thanks for following along with my ramblings.
7 comments:
Thank you for sharing these beautiful memories. We truly are blessed beyond measure!
Kim
As I read your blog today, it brought back the memories to me also! How excited and overcome with emotion to see the first picture of our new little granddaughter. She had the face of an angel...was and is beautiful. You and Rick have made our lives so much richer with the adoption of those little sweeties!
Love you all so much!
Thank you.
Mom and Dad
Aww...I remember when you got this little picture :) We love you, Ashlie!!
Thanks for sharing. It makes the significance of the day so very vivid. I'm glad God helped you overcome your fears and bring your three bundles of joy home. We're SO very fond of them!
What a wonderful story...
Your girls are such sweethearts and a blessing to us all.
Kim
Oh, I love reading about your memories in adopting your beautiful children! Thank you for sharing them with us.
Blessings,
Sarah
I remember that picture of Ashlie! I cant be five years!! Jill it seems like yesterday and who knew then we follow that trip with 2 more!!
Carol
Post a Comment