Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kindergarten Celebration!

Ashlie and her good friend Jayden.



This is Ashlie's self-portrait from the beginning of the year. Remember what she wanted to learn in kindergarten this year?



& Now they've done an end-of-kindergarten self-portrait and tell what they've learned. So sweet! (& look, her people have bodies now!)


Tonight Ashlie's teacher hosted a kindergarten celebration for the class. We enjoyed a pizza party and the highlight was watching their class DVD of pictures throughout the year.
6 more days of school and then she's officially a FIRST GRADER!

6 comments:

Howard and Kim said...

Yay Ashlie! A fun summer and then... first grade! You will love it!

Kim

grandma said...

Ashlie, what a big girl you are getting to be! gpa and I LOVE your pictures and can sure see how much you have learned this year. Soon you will be a first grader!
We love you sweetie!
gma and gpa

Kristi said...

SO CUTE! I like that she learned "...how to write kind of like a grown up"

And I like how there are mountains in the background of her self portrait. Adorable!

Kim said...

This makes me miss teaching Kindergarten(my favorite grade)so much! Ashlie,you did a great job on your pictures, and I know that you will be a terrific first grade student. It will be such fun to have your sister at the same school as you.
KimS(and clan)

Unknown said...

First grade...I don't believe it!

And I am shocked in the difference in her pictures. I love them both and can't believe how much she has changed in one school year!!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful picture that Ashlie drew! Such a big girl.