The girls were excited to have stickers on all their fingernails.
Annie and Allie collected dinosaur bones (aka sticks) at the park.
Allie has grown to be much less cautious than she used to be, so she can really climb and have fun at the park now!
Love that Allie Bug!
Sorry I've been AWOL from my blog - just been busy and decided to take a little blogging break! Unfortunately, I also took a break from taking pictures, but here's a little bit of what we've been up to.
Rain. Lots of Rain. What did we do when we woke up one day to a slight delay in our forecasted rain? We headed for the park! I did take the camera that day!
Truman's Birthday Party (aka "Fun Night!") Didn't take the camera, but the girls had fun. Through the silent auction we won a couple tickets to the St Louis Cardinals plus 4 Wehrenberg movie passes. Sweet!
Springfield Cardinal Baseball game - go Cards! They won the game with a home run in the bottom of the ninth and we finished off the evening with fireworks. It doesn't get much better than that. Baseball, homeruns, fireworks, . . . we're ready for summer!
Allie's Kindergarten Screening! She did SO well. She left with her screener so happy and confident and left this mommy in complete awe of how far she has come! She ended up testing at the six year old level in most categories, so I'd say she's ready for kindergarten. They did let me know that she failed her hearing test in her left ear, so we've scheduled an appt with the ENT for another test and for them to clear the wax from her ears as well. I'll keep you posted on that.
Soccer! Ashlie is playing soccer this spring, so we've got practice on Thursday evenings and games on Saturdays.
Ear infections. Another ear infection for Ashlie and another for Allie. I'm beginning to lose track. Ashlie's been off her medicine for a little over a week now and her little cough is back. I have a feeling we'll be heading back to the doctor, . . . Well I guess that Allie will be back at the doctor tomorrow because she still has to get her immunizations. (Couldn't get them at her K appt because she had that ear infection.)
Ashlie has a VERY loose tooth! I felt so badly - she had been telling me that it was getting really loose but I thought it still had a long way to go. Last night I finally washed up my hands and wiggled her tooth again and by golly it won't be long before she loses that one! I think she's the last kindergartener to lose a tooth so I'm REALLY hoping it's out before summer vacation starts.
& Speaking of Summer Vacation - We're Ready! Ashlie has 21 days of school left (June 3rd is her last day), and Allie has 7 days of preschool left (May 21st is her last day) Time to start making summer plans!
6 comments:
Good to see pictures of the girls...we will have to include a trip or two to the zoo in your summer plans.
Kim and the gang
Such sweet pictures. We're eager for summer break too!
Blessings,
Sarah
Way to go on winning all of those tickets! That's awesome!
And I LOVE the pictures! So sweet, so cute!
Love you guys!
I hear you about the raing, I am really tired of it. Abby has a school trip to the zoo on Friday so I hope it doesn't mess with that.
I know I tell you this all the time but we reallt do live parellel lives. We to just finished up kindergarten screenign and Kenzie falied the hearing test in her Right ear! So were off to the ent soon as well. They did tell me its the high freequency part and she tends to have alot of ax in her ears so thats what i am hoping for. Glad to see you blogging again.
I've been missing your blog, Jill. I'm used to you being better than me at it. Thanks for the update. All this rain sure makes those breaks more appreciated, huh? I'm so proud of Allie. Her confidence is just amazing and awesome. Watch out, Kindergarten, here she comes!
Cassidy doesn't even have a loose tooth yet. Maybe she & Ashlie can compare notes at China Camp.
So cute! Love the new pics!
Post a Comment