Friday, September 5, 2008

Autumn!


I cannot believe it - we're getting a fabulous sneak preview of fall!! After enduring several days of rain, the sun is shining and it's a wonderful 50-something degrees outside. Bliss. Pure bliss. Yesterday we set a record for the "lowest high temperature" of the day - that best explains how special this gift of cool weather is. The windows are open and I've got a new burst of energy for housecleaning and getting ready for my favorite season!


A note to Kristi and all who may be wondering - No, that's not a picture of our leaves here. Not yet. Just went to google images and grabbed a pretty pic that showed how I was feeling today!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I am SO jealous! It is still pretty hot here, still in the mid-90's. Question - is that a picture of the leaves in Springfield right now or just a picture of Fall leaves?

Unknown said...

I am really jealous! It's cloudy and warm here. And they are thinking that Ike may be heading our way.
But, I am happy for you guys!

Kim said...

GRRRR...I am another jealous commenter....I love Texas in the Spring because it gets warm early but I don't like Texas in the Fall because it is sometimes late October and November before it starts really feeling like Fall. Fall and Spring are my favorite seasons....Right now its Fall and after Winter my favorite is Spring..hehehe...I flip flop all the time. I guess I'll just turn my air down low and pretend it is cool crisp Fall....and never go outside :-/

Hugs,
Kimi