
We got home from the Friday night football game and had a message from Rick's dad on our answering machine, wanting Rick to give him a call. We knew that Rick's dad had finally gone to the doctor this week (unexplained weight loss, fatigue, and a cough that's been with him for a long time), and we knew that he was waiting on some test results. Rick braced himself and called his father and our fears were confirmed. Dick has lung cancer. We won't know what type, how bad, the plan for treatment or the prognosis until he sees the doctor next Thursday, but after losing Rick's mom to cancer 4 years ago we're feeling so worried and frightened. Please pray for Dick, pray for his doctors, and please pray for Rick and his brother and sister as they face what's coming. & while you're praying, pray for his grandkids - the big kids that have known him and loved him a long time and are already worrying, and the little ones that won't understand all that's going on . . .
I hesitated about posting here, but I know that this is the best way to let you all know what's going on and to ask for prayers. & now I'll feel free to come here and share as we face all that the future holds.
11 comments:
Rick,Jill,and family,
Praying that God will sustain you and give you peace through this trial. We will be lifting all of you up in prayer through these days, and please know that we are here if we can help in any way.
Kim S
Your family will be in our prayers and I am a true testomony of how asking for prayer can help. Hang in there and let us know specifically what to pray for when you can. Kathy
Poor Grandpa. I am so sad but trying to stay so positive for him.
You know he will be in my prayers for sure. I love you and give Dad some extra hugs from us.
Jill,
I am so sorry that you are facing this. Please know we'll keep each of you in prayer as you go through this.
Kim
I will definitely pray.
Sarah
[[[[[Jill, Rick & Family]]]]]
My cyber hug to you all.
oxo
Stacey
You are already in my prayers...God is bigger than cancer, remember that!!!!
Tammy
Sorry to read this, Jill & Family. I will keep you all in my heart during this trying time.
Love, Your Sis Nancy
Jill,
I'm so sorry that this disease is invading your family again. I pray God's presence and healing will be obvious and powerful.
Martha
I will be praying for you all.
Love you,
Kim
I'm so sorry. I will be thinking of your family. My mom just passed away 12 days ago from Ovarian Cancer. I know how hard it is. Take care of yourselves :) AmyO (Guangxi mom)
Post a Comment