Friday, October 3, 2008

Catchin' Up a Bit

It's been a busy week. Okay, what weeks aren't busy, right? But I seem to have had a bit of trouble finding time to blog this week. Sorry to you friends that have wasted precious internet time this week coming back to the same ol' posts!

We made it up to Illinois and Indiana last weekend. We and our entourage of Ricky, Kristi, Adam, Ashlie, Allie, Annie and Wrigley made it up to visit Rick's dad. They had just beautiful weather and Dick was recovering from some of the exhaustion from his chemo so we had a nice visit. Rick's grandmother has gone to Florida for the winter, so our large group stayed in her empty house. Thank you Grandma German for letting us use your home!

During our trip, Kristi had something strange and worrisome going on with her leg. It looked like an infected mosquito bite on the front of her thigh the first time we saw it on Thursday evening, and it got progressively worse through the weekend. She was in so much pain from it and the infection just seemed to be spreading. We convinced her to go to urgent care here in Springfield Sunday evening prior to driving home to Dallas. Our poor girl has a staph infection and it's still been getting worse all week. They've changed her original antibiotic, but she still had to go in yesterday to have it opened. She's in a lot of pain and right now we're just praying that the docs find exactly the right antibiotic and treatment to heal her. Please pray with us for her.

Ricky celebrated his 26th Birthday Tuesday - HAPPY BELATED BLOG BIRTHDAY, SON! (Don't worry, we did actually celebrate Tuesday night with him!)

Annie had to have her follow-up visit to the ENT doctor on Wednesday. I was dreading it as much as she was. I knew that her hoarseness was pretty much the same and the doctor had indicated that they may have to do the "scope thing" again. Good news, though ~ the doctor decided to forego the scope! The dr. decided that her two bottles of medicine for the acid reflux has probably helped to heal that irritation, and for her hoarse voice they want us to try speech therapy to help her learn to use her voice differently. ??? Well it's worth a try, and we didn't have to do the scope!! So her first speech therapy appointment is on Oct 20th. I'll let you know how that goes.

Our Bella celebrated her FIRST BIRTHDAY yesterday! I cannot believe it's been a year since our grandbaby was born!

Allie was such a big girl and participated in her preschool's Trike-a-Thon yesterday morning! I was so proud of her! I actually got tears in my eyes as I watched her pedaling with all her might around the "track", and took time to think about how far she's come this year. LOL, she needed a slow lane and was sometimes a hazard on the highway for some of the other cyclists, but she was oblivious to all of that and was so proud of herself.

Last night we went to Ashlie's first Open House! It was so much fun to let her show us around her classroom and school. She obviously felt so big as she gave us the grand tour.

Now we're trying to get ready for Adam and Ashlie's birthdays (next Wednesday) Adam won't be here to celebrate his 19th bday until the 17th, but he'll be on our hearts and minds just the same. Ashlie is SO excited to be turning 6 years old! LOL, wish me luck on pulling everything off by next week. I sometimes worry that my kiddos get short-changed by my attention and time being spread so many directions.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved catching up :) I've missed ya on here!

And since you declared to the world that you do try your best...well, I guess I believe you....just kidding :) Love you and thanks for the update!

Howard and Kim said...

Hey Jill, just remember to breathe!! The rest will all fall in place, I think, I hope.... Thanks for the update. I love those photos of the girls as they grow up an explore their world. Isn't it a joy to see how far they have come?

Hugs to you my friend!! It will slow down one day, and then we'll wish for this chaos, well the good chaos. The sick dad, hurting daughter, doctor's appointments, exhaustion, we could survive without those quite nicely, I think...
Kim

Sarah said...

Love Allie's trike pictures. What a big girl!

And, as far as short-changing them on their birthdays, I think that it is obvious that you love your kids and that they are blessed by having one another. Those are the things that they need most!

Love to you,
Sarah

Martha said...

Jill,
Your blog makes me tired for you! However, I know that your children are not getting short changed in any way. Just look at those little faces and see the love, my friend!