Oh my. Wrigley, Wrigley, Wrigley. She actually did pretty well to start with, when she was getting to know the other "big" puppies in the class. Although I did note that she was the only one that immediately figured out that the trainer in her area had treats in her pocket, . . .
& She was the only one that kept effortlessly jumping up, putting her paws on a table in that area, looking for snacks (Wrigley, you gave yourself away as a counter surfer, girl!)
& Then they decided that Fred, the beagle pup, was too much for the tiny pups in the small dog area, so they moved Fred in with Wrigley and the others. Wrigley thought Fred was a nuisance. (he was) He kept jumping up and biting at Wrigley, and Wrigley commenced to bark and bark and bark at him, telling him to bug off. He didn't. Sigh.
We were instructed on how to do a calming sit. Except it wasn't too calming for Wrigley.
Wrigley was happy to show them her level of intelligence by using her big fuzzy paw to control the leash, pulling it within reach so she could try to engage me in tug of war.
She showed them that not only could she bark, but she can "talk" too. (Complaining at me)
She pretty much was happy to demonstrate many of the "problem" areas that they plan to work on during the class.
Couple her excited (big) puppy behavior with her comical appearance and she really was quite the class clown. Great.
I was going to snap a picture of her at home after the class. She was exhausted. Flopped on the kitchen floor with all her toys around her, too tired to lift her head. But then I learned that my camera was not in its case and I figured out that I left it at a birthday party on Saturday. Oh I hope that they have set it aside for me there!
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love it! So Wrigley was the perfect example of what will happen to the other dogs in the class if the owners do not follow the training instructions 100%!! Great marketing tool on behalf of the trainers -- Scare tactics always work!!
Just kidding, sounds like she did a good job! If nothing else this will be great socialization for her, right?
p.s. I have been checking the blog frequently tonight to see how she did...
So....I was cracking up at this post! I could just see a big ball of fluffy puppy energy :)
I can't wait to meet Wrigley! I could see her as a best friend....:)
Wrigley sounds like the perfect dog for our family...we have several clowns, that is so cute...she also sounds like a genius because she already figured out what to do for treats and where they are...she may alreay be too smart for that class, she may need an advanced class.
Post a Comment