Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Puppy School Progress!

Wrigley was all pooped out after class!


What a difference a week makes! I was so proud of our girl last night. I decided to go ahead and feed her supper before class, thinking it may help her be more calm. (Our class instructions were to hold off feeding them. But Wrigley is SO food/treat motivated I that I was sure she'd still work for treats even if she'd had supper. I was right.)

She was so excited to arrive, and definitely remembered that the instructors have treats, (meaning that she immediately jumped on them to say "Hey, I'm Back!" and then quickly sat for a treat) but she did her calming sit quite well during class. (okay, occasionally she'd go into her down position and then try to army crawl away from me, lol, but for the most part did great!) During our practice of sit, down, and stand, she did perfectly. We even added "paw" and "stay" because she was a bit bored with the other. I was amazed that she did her "stay" in class, with all of the other puppies there as distractions! Good Wrigley!

The ONLY barking she did last night was when one of the instructors was demonstrating with Bentley. She was excitedly saying Bentley's name and giving him treats, and I really think that our pup thought she was saying "Wrigley." Wrigley couldn't figure out why Bentley was getting all of her treats and mommy wouldn't let go of her leash!

Our assignment this week is to take her to three NEW puppy-friendly places where she can see new people (& where we can try to have them to give her treats while she's sitting nicely.) I'll let you know how that goes!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

She is doing a great job at class! She even looks bigger now than when I saw her :(

Keep me posted on her progress!
Love you - Kristi

Unknown said...

Way to go, Wrigley! You just look so sweet! We can't wait to be the subjects for your puppy training class :)

Kim said...

Wrigley is so cute! I am glad that classes are going well.
Kim S

Tammy Pearson said...

Good job Wrigley...you will be in movies before long.

Sarah said...

Oh dear, I am feeling very negligent with our puppy training!! Maybe after we get back from China, we'll try to address some training issues with Rosemary. You're my inspiration!
Blessings,
Sarah