This is actually Ashlie's dress from last year. I knew that it was just warm enough tonight that if she wore this over the turtleneck and pants, she wouldn't have to wear a coat. Stay tuned for her cheerleader outfit on Halloween. (I'm on a mission to find a longer white cardigan that would work with her cheerleader outfit. . .)
The kids loved seeing the characters they recognized.
They didn't really love the few spooky ones too much!
We finished up Spooktacular with a train ride.
& finished up the evening with popcorn, hot cocoa, and a movie classic. :-)
This is the first time since Ashlie came home that we thought ALL of our wee ones were big enough to go to the Zoo Spooktacular. I hadn't mentioned it to the girls at all, and had completely changed my mind about taking them when Allie and Annie both ended up crying for about 30 minutes before lunch (after fighting over one of the three matching yellow rakes that they have. mmm hmm.) But when Allie and Annie each slept over 3 hours this afternoon, I decided that maybe we could go afterall. We did early showers and early supper and were ready to go on time. Annie was a little overwhelmed by the amount of people there (she really doesn't like crowds), and Allie was a bit nervous about some of the spooky stuff (but really it was SO geared toward little kids with Dr Seuss, Charlie Brown, and Where the Wild Things Are exhibits, among others, and candy stations where the kids could trick or treat), and in spite of those little issues we had a really nice time and a great evening overall. I'm so glad that we took them tonight!
5 comments:
Looks like fun!
Blessings,
Sarah
I wish I was there! I love Spooktacular! Looks like the girls had fun!
Love you guys!
Adorable. I'm so glad the girls had fun. I can't wait to see the next round of costumes.
They are so adorable! I love how excited they look.
I think it was the perfect nite for you all. And to end with The Great Pumpkin and hot chocolate? Perfect way to end a perfect nite.
We love you and are praying we will be seeing you on Friday!
I love them all three laying in the floor watching Charlie Brown...that is way too cute.
Post a Comment