Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Adam and Ashlie!!!

Ashlie and Adam are wishing one another a Happy Birthday!



Ashlie got a new, bigger bicycle! Her old one was a tiny little 12" one that she officially gave to Annie today. Now Annie is excited to have her own "new" bike, but she immediately started telling me that when she gets bigger, she will need a bigger bike, and I can't tell her that she's getting one because it's a secret, and I have to hide it in the garage, under a blanket. Do you think she enjoyed the excitement of Ashlie's surprise? :-)


Mmmm, we're ready to celebrate!


As most of you know, Adam and Ashlie share their special day! Adam is now officially 19 years old (!!!) and can you believe that Ashlie is 6?!? This is the first birthday that we haven't been able to spend with Adam and that's not easy. (We'll be celebrating with him when he comes home on my birthday, the 17th)

Ashlie will have her family party tonight at the house (she asked for hot dogs and Kraft macaroni and cheese for her birthday supper) She's having a girlfriend gymnastics party on Saturday.
I took her birthday snacks in to school for her this morning and we got to hear them mention her birthday on the morning announcements! I was so happy for her.

After we dropped Ashlie off, Allie, Annie and I spent some time at Barnes and Noble. The girls picked out a gift for their sissy, and they just had such a nice time browsing the books, playing with toys, and performing on the little stage. (Allie told me later that she would have had fun except I wouldn't let her buy that little stuffed doggie, . . .) Then we headed to the mall to have a giant cookie decorated for Ashlie's party tonight. (We're already a bit "caked out" and we still have this Saturday's cake plus Adam's cake to go!) Allie and Annie each picked out a pretty sugar cookie to munch on as we browsed the mall and waited for Ashlie's cookie to be finished. It was such a nice, relaxing morning with my two little ones. Well, relaxing if you don't count the three times that I had to get Annie down out of store display windows!

I should have plenty of pics to share later.

Adam, we miss you!! It's just not the same without you here, hon.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Ashlie and Adam!

I hope your birthdays were terrific.

Kimi

Howard and Kim said...

Happy birthday a little late Ashlie! We're so sorry we totally forgot to send you a happy birthday greeting.

It looks like you had a great fun day!!

Halli and Natalie

Unknown said...

I LOVE these pictures!! Awww..!!

Regina said...

Happy Birthday Adam and Ashlie!! Great pictures!! I hope you both made great memories on your special day.