Thursday, August 21, 2008

Adam's at Mizzou!

All his bags are packed and loaded (we've got a little in our van as well - didn't want to block his vision)



The Explorer's unloaded and Mom's just watchin' the stuff while Adam checks in and gets his key. Then Dad and the girls need to bring the van around to the unloading zone.


He's got his key!

The girls are helping mom watch the stuff while Dad moves the van.



Happily playing with their new travel dollhouse while Dad and Adam haul up the stuff and Mom starts unpacking for Adam.

I tried to get a picture of the room but there's not a spot to stand where you can get much of the room! Adam tells me that he and Cody decided to bunk their beds to make room for a tv/gaming area. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Done unloading (except for the Walmart run that was coming!) and Mom wanted one picture of Dad and Adam (& Ashlie!)

Of course Mom wanted a pic with my Adam as well (& Ashlie!)


Well, we did it. We got Adam moved in yesterday. With a three hour drive up (light rain the whole way) and back (heavier rain the whole way), plus the loading, unloading, moving, unpacking, shopping, and heavy emotional toll on Mom and Dad, it was an exhausting day! The Lord did answer our prayers for no rain as we unloaded and moved into his room (Thank you Lord!) We're so excited for Adam to finally be starting his college career, but that doesn't seem to make it any easier. I can't tell you how hard I cried as we drove away. I'm not ready for this. The only way I could finally stop crying was to remind myself that I've probably got at least four years where we'll see him on the occasional weekend, see him on breaks and for holidays, and hopefully over summers. I'm just focusing on that thought for now. One day at a time.

7 comments:

Howard and Kim said...

I cried like a baby when we moved Forrest for college. I did manage to hold the tears back until we left him. Then, with Toni when she finished college...I saw an end to all those wonderful weekends we had enjoyed. It's such a blessing to see our children grow into mature adults, but it sure is tough on these mommy hearts to let go. Hugs to you, my friend!!

Sheryl said...

Oh Jill! I can only imagine how I will be when my last "big" baby goes to college. Mizzou isn't too far to come home. Hugs! Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Ohh, sure do understand what it's like! Remember when you and Karen went to college in IL and we had moved to MO?? Sure wasn't easy! Was a lot further to IL than it will be for Adam, so this grandma is hoping he will take every opportunity to come home to see "the family". Gpa and I are both so very proud of him and know this is the beginning of a wonderful future for him! So sorry So Sad... love you,
mom

Unknown said...

*sniff*
I can't believe he is already there. I know it is going to be hard for everyone. I hope he visits lots!!

Love you!

Tammy Pearson said...

I have been there and done that too...it is so hard...he will cherish those college years...how far away is he from you?

Tammy

Mom to my China Posse said...

Jill, Let me tell you the first week has beee the hardest for me with Kaitlyn going to college. I am hoping next week will be better! Adam's room look amazing and so much bigger than the ones at C of O. Have him keep a look out for Kaitlyn and Andrew's gopod firned who si also starting there, hes name is Nathan Rigsby.

Kim said...

Adam is such a handsome young man and I know he has been such a blessing and a joy to raise. He is going to have a great time at college and he is going to miss the littles BIG TIME!

I love you my friend!
Kim