
I'm just sick as I watch the news and the dire predictions for this massive hurricane that is moving into the Gulf. Chelle, Leo, Isabella and pets finally got the okay to evacuate tonight (Saturday night.) They had feared that Chelle would have to take them all and leave Leo there on base, but thankfully they're all together as they drive away from the Mississippi coast.
Our prayers are for the safety of all that are in the path of the storm, and we also pray for their homes to be waiting for them when they return.
Our prayers are for the safety of all that are in the path of the storm, and we also pray for their homes to be waiting for them when they return.
UPDATE: I just wanted to share that we heard from Chelle today. She and Leo received a welcome phone call from their neighbor. Their neighbor had gone home today and said that there was no damage to their home and no visible damage to Chelle and Leo's house. They are hoping to return home very soon. We are praying for the families that took more of a direct hit from Gustav. I know that there are many that aren't receiving the same good news that we received today.
2 comments:
That is all that I can think and pray about...all those that are in Louisiana come up to where we are in East Texas...I have family all in Louisiana...I am so thankful for their organization this time round.
It affects not only all those in the south, but those up here in the North trying desparately to find shelter for all of those that need help...Katrina brought us hundreds of men and women, several stayed and moved here permanently...but others left and went other places.
If Chrysalis were opened right now...we could shelter up to 108 of them...to bad it is not...our roofing supplies are in Houston and it is supposed to head east of Houston as well...hopefully the material worth close to 15 thousand will not be destroyed...even if it is, it is nothing compared to what others are losing in Louisiana, Mississippi and the Texas coast...I am so blessed compared to those that have already lost everything once...I have been up all night listening to FOX news waiting for reports...praying that it slows down miraculously. I pray your family is okay and gets out soon enough and do not have any damage or lose anything.
Tammy
Glad you guys got good news! We are praying that others will only have to deal with limited damages.
Prayers were answered that it wasn't nearly as severe as Katrina...that would have been so devastating. We love the gulf coast and are praying for all affected by the hurricane!
Kim S
Post a Comment