Friday, August 8, 2008

A Good Day at the Cardiologist


Annie enjoys the LARGE fish in the aquarium at the ped cardiologist office.

She does not enjoy the echocardiogram, even with lollipop and teddy bear in hand. (But most importantly, she sits perfectly still!)


She does enjoy the solar system (or pretty balls, as she calls them) on the ceiling. Not enough to lie down for the echo, but she does like to see them as she walks into the room.


She wasn't too happy when we started the EKG, but she eventually decided that she could lie down for this one.
I think she knows that we're just about done!

Annie had her best cardiologist visit yet today. Her VSD is still there and still the same size. There are no complications developing as a result of the VSD or its location. (YAY!) Even better, her EKG was "less abnormal" than it had been the first two visits. I think that was wonderful news! As usual, we were both very glad to have this visit overwith. We'll return again in six months, but if her next appointment goes as well as this one we get to start going once a year. Wonderful news!

Annie visits the ENT specialist on the 19th. I'm concerned about how in the world they'll ever get a scope down her throat to see her vocal chords without sedating her. If any of you have experience with this, please share (& hopefully reassure me.)

8 comments:

Howard and Kim said...

Yay for the good news! Annie, you look like such a big girl while they were doing all your tests. Natalie and Halli are sending you some huge hugs!!

Kim

Unknown said...

Yay for Annie! Bella was clapping about the wonderful news about her fun Aunt!

Tammy Pearson said...

I am so glad that you got some good news about Annie. Kim and I were talking about her this morning having it done today. I was thinking about Annie and Max this morning with both of them having procedures today. Both of them are so brave!!!

I told Kim that after reading your blog...I want to adopt so badly...but know that I am not called to do that...I would just love to put them all in my pocket and bring them home.

Brave girl Annie!!!

~Tammy

Anonymous said...

Nenaw is so proud of little Annie. She was such a big girl and has been SO good at grandma's house the past couple of days. All of the girls have been little sweethearts while mommy had a hair appt. and today after the Doctor appt. Now we pray the ENT appt. goes as well.
our love and hugs to the girls

Sarah said...

Jadon had this done (the scope down his throat) and actually did incredible with it. He sat perfectly still and even spoke when they asked him to speak (this was the part that I was worried about, because he doesn't always like to talk if he doesn't feel comfortable).

I'm glad that her cardiologist visit went well.

Blessings,
Sarah

Kelli said...

oh your sweet brave girl!

Kim said...

Great news...I am thrilled about your good report.

Annie you are a BIG, BRAVE girl and so darn cute too!

Love you,
Kimi

Carol said...

That is awesome news!! Annie looks wondeful!
carol