Just had to share a little story about Allie's first week at school. On the first day of school, I asked who she played with on the playground. "Polk-a-Dot" was her reply. (imaginary friend? Ashlie's imaginary friend is "Friend the Snake", so anything's possible, right?) I questioned her about her friend's name, and finally deciphered that Allie didn't know her name, but she wore an outfit with Polk-a-dots, so Allie gave her a new name. I encouraged Allie to ask her friend her name, . . .
Next day after school, I asked Allie who she played with. "I played with Polk-a-Dot again!" Did you ask what her name was, hon?" "I can't remember what she said, but it's okay. She's just Polk-a-Dot."
Fast forward to Allie's last morning of preschool for the week (Thursday), and when I walked Allie into her classroom I was on a mission to find Polk-a-Dot. After talking to her teachers, they guessed that Polk-a-Dot was actually Aaliyah (who wasn't there on Thursday for us to absolutely confirm) LOL, it's so darned cute, if Aaliyah doesn't mind being called Polk-a-Dot, I think I'll just let Allie call her that!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL!!! Natalie's best friend is "the girl in the pink shirt." We did eventually get the friend's name. :)
Kim
I am so cracking up (yes, still!) about polkadot! Haha!
And friend the snake?! Priceless.
LOL....LOL...that is so cute!!! I can't wait to tell Britney about Polk-a-dot, she is teaching Kindergarten this year and LOVES it...I know she will get a kick out of this!
Kim
How cute is that?! Your kids say such precious things. It's a good thing you're writing them down!
Blessings,
Sarah
Post a Comment